The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints (TCOJCOLDS for short) has come under fire, from some, for it’s management of the Coronavirus pandemic.
But I for one think they’ve handled it perfectly and prophetically.
Let’s run through some of the inspired and marvellous things the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints (TCOJCOLDS) has done.
- While people were being advised to stay at home to halt the virus and save lives, hundreds of missionaries continued to knock on doors knowing full well that residents would be at home, unable to avoid the good message. Genius! It’s more important that one life should be truly saved than thousands become ill or die from disease carrying missionaries.
- Sending missionaries home and relocating them to new missions at the peak of the deadly virus, causing elderly parents in lockdown to travel to airports and meet up with children who have travelled the world, shaking hands, touching door handles and flying thousands of miles. Why the criticism? What could possibly go wrong? Yet another act of love and care.
- Not one but TWO worldwide fasts (the first was kind of lowkey so doesn’t count) for covid 19 relief and the economy, (Which economy exactly I’m not sure but that’s besides the point) Inviting the whole world and all religions to fast on Good Friday – a day when most Christians already fast and have done for centuries – brilliant! And if you need any proof of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints (TCOJCOLDS) truth claims, look no further than the recent gradual fall in deaths, only a month and two and a half weeks after the fast. Coincidence?
- A phased approach for returning back to chapels. This plan is faultless. What a brilliant and inspired idea it is to re open churches, bringing the elderly and vulnerable to congregate together, to partake of bread and water administered to by 12–14 year old boys who don’t even have to wear masks. How liberating! How divine.
- Despite the Center for Disease Control identifying group singing as a dangerous activity, the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints (TCOJCOLDS) has not restricted ward choirs. I for one am grateful that I have not been denied the spiritual experiences that comes from singing in my ward choir. That the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints (TCOJCOLDS) does not cave to advice from worldly institutions.
- And finally, giving members like me the blessing of wiping the chapel clean of coronavirus every week. And once again not bowing to conventional wisdom and having professionals deep clean the buildings to avoid illness or death. Thank goodness I’ve not been deprived of this weekly chore.
And so you see, these are just a few of the things that The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints (TCOJCOLDS) has handled to perfection.
Proving once again that the organisation is led by revelation. By Prophets and Seers with direct lines to the heavens, who, like the watchmen of old, see the dangers coming and warn and prepare the people.